1. STILL NOT EXPENSIVE.
Accommodation in a nice villa or an apartment can cost as little as EUR 150 for a week.
2. It’s still a bit of a secret…
Tourists have not yet engulfed the country, so proper peace and quiet can be found.
3. There’s plenty of history to take in.
Make a trip to Rila Monastery or the Roman Theatre in Plovdiv.
4. For the skiing at Bankso, Borovets & Pamprovo
The ski resorts are top-class, they get lots of fresh powder, and the slopes aren’t crowded.
5. The scenery is stunning…
These are the Seven Rila Lakes.
6 . The beaches look like this…
7. The capital city, Sofia, is full of art and culture.
8. And St. Alexander Nevksky Cathedral is breathtaking…
9 . The unusual food.
Think cold cucumber soup…
10. Bulgarin wine
The wine in Bulgaria is more than good. You will enjoy it for sure. Traditions in wine making in these lands begin from the times of Thracians and continue for more than three thousand years now. Taste the local varieties Mavrud, Gamza, Melnik or Rubin.
A very nice selection of Bulgarian wine you can find in our webshop Bulwijn.nl.